Friday, June 19, 2009

140 Characters Conference: Where to Begin about #140conf?

OK, this is not going to be the mega-recap blog post loaded with great pictures and video of the event. However, I did want to put something up that encapsulated my thoughts on my experience at 140 Characters Conference or, as we've all come to know it, #140conf :)

First off, THANK YOU JEFF PULVER (@jeffpulver ) for inviting Jay ThePal! It was a truly great experience for both myself and for my wife Sierra (@Siskita ) and for Jay ThePal and Kay ThePal, too ;) Not only did we get to network and meet a lot of great people, we also learned quite a bit from the talks given by some really intelligent and interesting people. I've been to other conferences/conventions and usually the panels and talks are kind of on the "meh" side of things, but I think I managed to pick up something from every talk/panel we watched. My only gripe is that they seemed too short. But short makes sense at a conference based on microblogging and how it is changing our world. Besides, all the folks who spoke were so friendly and approachable, we had no trouble just walking up and talking to them after they were done speaking.

Be sure to check out JeffPulver.com and 140conf.com!

Second, I'd like to throw a HUGE THANKS to Sol Lipman aka Sol on 12seconds.tv and @thesolster on Twitter. Without his support and enthusiasm, we never would have gotten into #140conf. (Hell, Jay wouldn't be as popular either!)

I have STACKS of people to say thanks to beyond Jeff and Sol, but I want to make sure I have a comprehensive list before I go and forget to mention someone. I hope to have that up in the next day or two.

Until then, go check out Jay ThePal and his Jay TheVlogs! Or check out Kay ThePal and the videos she has at her site.

You can also check out two flickr sets that I'll be adding more pics to soon:

#140conf Day 1:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157619816438619/
#140conf Day 2:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157619901583210/

You can also check out The12stream for a couple of #140conf-related vids I've already posted on http://12seconds.tv.

This is only the beginning...

Orignal From: 140 Characters Conference: Where to Begin about #140conf?

No comments: