Monday, November 29, 2010

RIP Irvin Kershner, director of the best Star Wars film of all time!

Not only did Kershner make the best Star Wars film, he proved you CAN make a sequel that is better than it's original.  RIP KERSH! YOU WILL BE MISSED BUT ALWAYS REMEMBERED!

Read more about his passing

I'm 90% sure that, back when I was working as a projectionist in LA, Kershner attended a press screening I  ran.  I saw him exit the theater and thought "Holy crap! That's Irvin Kershner! I should say something!" 

But I didn't.  The same thing happened to me when I found myself in line for popcorn in front of John Phillip Law at the Egyptian Theater and now he's passed on, as well.  So fearful. I've got to start being that obnoxious guy who just starts jabbering to famous people.  I did do that once to Mike Nelson.  He's famous, right? O_O

Regardless, I was very saddened to read of Kershner's passing this morning.  He seemed like he might still have something to offer cinema. Not like ESB wasn't enough.  Ah well... I hope my screening was in focus for you, sir! RIP.

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: