Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My pal Mari needs some surgery–help her out with a couple bucks, wouldja? http://mariadkins.com

I posted this on my Tumblr yesterday but since Mari is still a hundred bucks short, I thought I should post it again… read on or just go here and give her a hand if you can with the Chip-In widget at the top of her sidebar, or, like I said, read on:

mariadkins:

i need a hysterectomy

And most of you are probably looking at that and thinking, “Duh, we know you and know that.” But here’s what you don’t know. I’m pasting in a note I sent around via e-mail and Facebook, and please excuse the lack of caps use. As I stated in the note, I hesitated to start another ChipIn, but I did it anyway; the link is at the bottom. Also, if you’d like to copy my widget to your website, please use this link. (by the way, Preston said my note sounded pitiful lol)

i called robin, the surgeon’s nurse, back *again* this morning because i’d never heard from her. she called me about half an hour ago and said that the clinic can’t schedule my hysterectomy until i pay a deposit. (i have medical financial aid through UK because i don’t qualify for medicaid and preston couldn’t ever afford to add me to his insurance) she said the medical aid office should have called me, and i told her that this is the first time i’d heard from anybody since connie called me on the tenth. she told me who to call and gave me the direct number.

i called and left a message, which seems to be what my life is made of any more – leaving messages.

shannon called me back, and we talked, and she said she hadn’t even received my paperwork until half an hour before. i checked the call log on my phone – that would have been when i talked to robin and around the time i left the message for shannon. anyway, shannon pulled up my records and said that i have to pay a $470 deposit. we discussed that and when my aid expires, and she told me to keep her number, etc, etc.

so i’ve sat here and absolutely bawled and have given myself a killer headache in the process, of course. i have no idea where we’re going to find $470.

i did that chip-in thing for my new computer last month so i’m very hesitant to turn around and start another one for something that’s this serious.

any suggestions, advice, help any of y’all can give me/us would be a blessing. otherwise, the way things looks, this is something i’m just going to be stuck with for the rest of my life. i just want to sit and scream.

mariadkins.com/i-need-a-hysterectomy

Here’s where I came in with my standard rant on our wonderful health care system that requires people to *always* have a job with health benefits if they want to actually have health care:

Why is the most basic human right the first to be overlooked our society?  The right to health care is a fundamental need every single human on the planet will eventually require and yet, it’s not guaranteed in the country that claims it is the most free of all the countries.

Mari is a really great person and needs a hand.  If you can help, please click the link above and give her chip-in fund a few bucks.  Anything can help.

I just get so angry that good people can’t just get the health care they need.  No one’s perfect and we can’t all have jobs all the time.  Society is simply too flawed to guarantee employment for all, so what are the folks without a stable dayjob to do?  What good is society if it can’t serve all of its members?

You must admit that forcing people to always have jobs with benefits is not fair and does not match up with our promised right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I mean, how can you pursue happiness if you’re sick? How can you live if you’re dying? How can you be free if you’re forced to have a job at all times?

Worse yet, we live in a society that does not guarantee a job for every last one of us. Therefore, our society doesn’t guarantee our health. And since we are under a much bigger threat from things like cancer and heart disease than we are from foreign invaders or terrorists, what the hell is our government really doing for us, anyway?

We are supposed to live in a free market country–how come the USG has such shitty customer service?

So if you agree with me and want to help my pal Mari, head over to mariadkins.com and check out the Chip-In widget in her sidebar. I’m sure she’ll appreciate it!



from a post at thepete.com

No comments: