Wednesday, May 28, 2008

TheNYC day 10: Starbucks Open 'til 1am

utterz-image
We've been on our feet since 10am this morning with a slight breakbetween 5 and 6. We saw 4 more apartments today, bringing our total to16 apartments seen. We've found another we like, but since we'rejobless we may not get it. This is the irony of moving to a totaly newcity--you can't easily get a place until you have a job, which is almostimpossible to get while looking for a place.



Don't even ask me about opening a bank account without a home address! (I just gave up and sent a check to my pal Edgyspice back in LA todeposit it into my LA bank account.)



In the meantime I got invited to take part in a custom Munny designcontest and art show at a gallery here in Manhattan. I picked up twoMunny's today and an 8-pack of Sharpies to get started (all of myexisting pieces are in boxes in a garage in New Jersey). I had wantedto pick up another 24-pack of markers at a Staples, but it closed at8pm. So much for living the city that never sleeps, right?



But things are cool otherwise. David, the friend we've been stayingwith, hasn't gotten sick of us yet, so that's good. Our younger cat hasbeen freakin' out every night, though. He'll climb on to one of David'staller chairs and then meow loudly over and over, waking TheWife and Iup. We are going to start giving him Rescue Remedy before we go to bednow, I think. Don't know what the little guy's problem is.



OK, I need to finish this post and get working on those custom Munnydesigns. I really hope something comes of the contest/gallery show. It's so weird (but cool) to think some of my work will be in a galleryin SoHo in a couple weeks. O_O
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterzreply-count Replies.


Orignal From: TheNYC day 10: Starbucks Open 'til 1am

No comments: