Thursday, June 11, 2009

Weird day and night. Felt better once I accepted today as a productivity failwhale.

So, I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's pages or write new ones, but I wrote so many yesterday, I lived off of credit for a day, so shoot me. I'll post all seven tomorrow--I SWEAR. :) There was something wrong with me today where every time I tried to do something productive I got pissy and moany. Finally, when I realized the day was irrevocably shot, my mood changed, I brightened up and everything was right again. Seems I just needed a day off.

Went to a show tonight. It was called The Trouble with Doug and it was a musical take on Kafka's Metamorphosis. It was a lot of fun. I'll write more about it tomorrow.

Then, after that, on the way home, I saw someone I went to college with. Couldn't remember her name, only worked with her on one project together for maybe a quarter of a semester, it's been almost 2 decades, I'm a blond and have a beard now, so the odds of her remembering me would be pretty slim. So, I said nothing (to the disappointment of @siskita) but, to me, the magic of New York City is made up of moments like that--where, out of thousands of people you see, you randomly bump into someone you haven't seen in almost twenty years and when you did see them last it was in an entirely different city.

The cool thing was that she got off the train one stop south of me so it's entirely possible I'll see her again. If I do, I've told @siskita that I will talk to her. Now if I can just remember the woman's name...

Orignal From: Weird day and night. Felt better once I accepted today as a productivity failwhale.

No comments: