Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The boots I got from Kaufman's military surplus (and the wooden dollar-off "coupon" they gave me)

So, back on 1/11 we were expecting a big snowfall and all I had were a pair of ill-fitting rubber boots I bought for cheap back in 2008. So, I bought these for almost as cheap ($50). They handled the snow just fine though the amount that fell was not as much as some thought.

The other two pics in this set are of the wooden "coupon" they gave me at the surplus place I found the boots at. Sadly, they'll need to give me more than a dollar off to get me back in that place. There were just piles of stuff everywhere--there may have been shelves but I would have had to look past human-sized mounds of military surplus clothes and equipment. The place was like a retail trainwreck!  Scary...

Posted via email from thepete.posterous

No comments: