Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One of my favorite sources of comfort food gets immobile--coming soon: the @BigGayIceCream Store!

I added a bit of extra bold/italics toward the bottom to emphasize my favorite part of this story:

 

Big Gay Ice Cream Will Open East Village Space Mid-June

20110517-bgict.jpgPretty soon you won't have to follow the Big Gay Ice Cream truck's tweets for their rolling whereabouts (though you should, since their tweets are usually pretty entertaining). In mid-June, Bryan Petroff and Doug Quint plan on opening a brick-and-mortar shop on the East 7th Street block between First Avenue and Avenue A, what's already been nicknamed one of the tastiest blocks in the city.

This isn't goodbye to the truck at all, don't worry. Doug loves working the truck, and plans to be on there as much as possible once the shop is up and running. But with the bigger space (formerly Xoom juice bar), they'll be able to prepare more toppings and sauces from scratch like ginger curry and dulce de leche, as well others they've been testing for the cookbook. As for the soft-serve, they'll start out by sticking to vanilla and chocolate, but plan on expanding to a rotating selection of their own homemade flavors. You'll also see all the other usual suspects from the truck like, the Bea Arthur and the return of the much missed Choinkwich.

 

That's RIGHT--the Choinkwich will be returning!! If you don't remember, I once stood up against a terrorist to get one of these tasty delights made of two chocolate cookies, chocolate ice cream and caramelized bacon (Watch me enjoy my first Choinkwich). MMmmm... I'm salivating just thinking about them!

I've already been telling friends and family who visit NYC that no trip to the Big Apple is complete without checking out the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck, but soon you won't even need to worry about the weather, or the tweets--just head over to East 7Th Street!

My only gripe is that they won't be open in time for my birthday on the 6th. Ah well, guess I'll just have to go off my diet again, later in the month :)

Posted via email from thepete.posterous

No comments: