Monday, July 28, 2008

Cuil.com Takes on Google, Huh?





Cuil.com Takes on Google, Huh?, originally uploaded by thepetecom.


So, they claim to want to take on Google but they can't handle the

traffic Drudge sends them at 9:16 in the morning east coast time??



Wait until the rest of America gets to work--then we'll see some REAL

404ness!



Also, taking on TheGoog with no mobile version? No desktop suite?



Google is way more than a search engine these days. Seriously taking

them on requires more than just a better search engine, folks.



I mean, what am I supposed to do, check my Gmail then jump over to

Cuil just to search the Web? Add an event to my Gcal and then type on

"Cuil.com" to do a search despite already being at Google?



I don't like hegemony either, but come on, people--how are we to know

even how to pronounce your name? It doesn't look like it rhymes with

"cool"--I bet most folks will guess it's "Kweel" or "koo-ill" or maybe

even "koo-eel."



I'm guessing "kewl.com" was taken?



Good luck, guys! You're going to need it.



Orignal From: Cuil.com Takes on Google, Huh?

No comments: