Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Major Mumbai Icon, the Taj Hotel on Fire

Gah... this is quite messed up... just capped this from CNN-IBN's
coverage here: http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream2
 I have a feeling this is going to be referred to as India's 911. Not
that I blame them--the Taj Hotel is apparently an amazing cultural
icon of Mumbai. It's a hotel, but it's also a piece of architectural
history and contains a lot of artifacts, as well, according to the
CNN-IBN anchorwoman. Apparently to create confusion, terrorists have
carjacked police vehicles and are doing random drive-bys. I've also
heard that these attacks are very organized, but anglos were
specifically targeted. Ah, this is the worst part of a disaster to
try to work out what the hell's going on, but this is what I'm seeing
from my apartment in NYC--just watching the news streams.


Posted by email from thepete's posterous



Orignal From: Major Mumbai Icon, the Taj Hotel on Fire

No comments: