Friday, May 08, 2009

PARASITE DOLLS (2003) (anime)


Check it out on Amazon.
Would you recommend this? No. This is the worst spin-off of Bubblegum Crisis I've seen.


Technically any good? The acting was fine--I really liked the Boomer detective's voice actor. The animation was pretty awesome, looking--liked the character designs quite a bit. It's a shame no one ages over the 6-ish-year length of time the anime takes place over. It's also a shame that the series doesn't involve the Knight Sabers or even the main characters from AD Police. The lack of anything familiar but the word "Boomer" makes me wonder why they didn't just replace the word "Boomer" with the word "robot" and let this anime to stand on its own, entirely apart from BGC.

Imagine how bad a Star Wars spin-off would be if only the stormtroopers were in it and the story was a fairly uninteresting series of robots-n-cops stories (that felt stupidly rushed), almost entirely featuring women being corrupt, sex-pots, or sex-pot-robots. Only one woman doesn't fit this cliche and she was horribly underdeveloped, character-wise.


How did it leave me feeling? Yuck. Glad I'm done with the Bubblegum Crisis universe. :(


Would you sit through it again? No.

I've now decided that when I go back through the BGC saga again, I'll be sticking to anime featuring the Knight Sabers only. Though, to be fair, the AD Police remake series was not bad--not great, but not bad. I already watched that remake series, within the last couple years and I'm 90% sure I Pocket Reviewed it, but can't find the review. I'll add a link to it to this post when I get a chance.

Orignal From: PARASITE DOLLS (2003) (anime)

No comments: