Sunday, August 27, 2006

DR. STRANGELOVE (1964)

[asin: B0002XNSY0]
Positive Experience/Entertaining? It's KUBRICK, OF COURSE it was entertaining!!
Technically any good? I've seen this film close to a dozen times and I have never found anything to stick out as something I would have done differently. I think there's one scene where I didn't get a real sense of where Sterling Hayden was in relation to attacking soldiers. This film is about as perfect as they come folks and if you like to laugh at the absurdity of war and the military this is the movie for you.
How did it leave me feeling? More jarred than usual. This was the first time I'd seen this movie since the US invaded Iraq in 2003. I found this movie disturbingly topical. The thing is, instead of Sterling Hayden being a colonel in charge of a base in the movie, in the real world he's in the White House... shudder...
Final Rating? GSN - Go See (or Rent) Now!! This movie will entertain you--I GUARANTEE IT!! Click the poster image above to buy the double DVD set from Amazon!

Orignal From: DR. STRANGELOVE (1964)

No comments: