Sunday, August 27, 2006

ROADHOUSE (1989)

[asin: B000FI8MPW]
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Uhhhh, SURE! There was actual nudity in this movie! Can you believe it? To be honest, I'm not sure why this movie has any kind of cult following at all. It's cheesie and very 80s, but it sorta meanders.
Technically any good? Well, you don't look to movies like this for good acting. However, there were one or two things Swayze did, acting-wise, that I thought were actually kind of cool. The script does meander and you're never quite sure where the climax is going to show up until it does.
How did it leave me feeling? Generally happy--I was very happy to see the nudity of both genders in the film. Sexuality is something today's filmmakers are just too scared to show us for some reason. Killing left and right is fine, but naked boobies and man-asses are just too contravercial for even adults to see... I mean, I guess...
Final Rating? OAAF - On At A Friend's--believe me, like Snakes on a Plane this is the kind of movie you want to see with rowdy, very vocal friends. On a side note, TheWife and I watched this with Michael Nelson's commentary which you can download from Rifftrax.com for just $1.99!! It's like Mystery Science Theater 3000 without the 'bots and the host segments. Check it out!!

Orignal From: ROADHOUSE (1989)

No comments: