Friday, November 10, 2006

BABEL (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? INCREDIBLY SO. However, this is a very thoughtful, thought-provoking film and I think that it may not be everyone's cup of tea. To be blunt, you've got to be willing to think and follow along--there are no explosions in this movie. There is some gunplay, though, so the masses might enjoy the film for that reason.
Technically any good? Unbelievably solid. Writing, directing, acting, cinematography, everything is spot on in this film. Sure there are one or two tiny things I'd have done differently, but over all this film does so much I couldn't help but fall in love with it. It's inventive, clever (without being "clever") and says a LOT about humanity.
How did it leave me feeling? Moved and genuinely happy. This film is easily one of the best movies of 2006 in my mind. Not to over-hype it, but I was so impressed that I think it might be one of my all time favorite films. I catch it again on DVD to make sure.
Final Rating? GSN - Go See Now - This is a thinking person's movie, but it's brilliant. GO SEE IT!!

Orignal From: BABEL (2006)

No comments: