Monday, May 14, 2007

NOTES ON A SCANDAL (2006)

[asin: B000NIVJFY]
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. While it's not my regular cup of tea, there are reasons to see, enjoy and admire this film.
Technically any good? The script was about as solid as it could be. There were a couple moments I would have changed, but these were not big enough to be any really mistakes, in my mind. The acting was, well, how do you think the acting was with Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench in the leads? About the only actor I thought could have done a better job was the kid but since he wasn't in the film all that much, I was OK with it. Oh and Bill Nighy was brilliant as always.
How did it leave me feeling? Very satisfied. I would have liked a more satisfying ending, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to end the film the way the director ended it. If you like great acting without a lot of complex plot machinations, check out this movie. It's not overly simple or anything but it doesn't over-think things either. As the Brits say, it's "spot on."
Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like - Just a good, solid film.

Orignal From: NOTES ON A SCANDAL (2006)

No comments: