Friday, July 09, 2010

Anyone else see this? Message from Gmail: "Warning: We believe your account was recently accessed from: United States (DC)

After taking the screengrab, I went back to click "Show Details" the banner was gone. I looked up that IP (64.134.242.143) and ipchecking.com said it the IP was listed on three different blocklists and belonged to a company out of Austin, TX called Wayport.  According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayport,_Inc. ) they're now called "AT&T Wi-Fi Services" and provide wifi hotspots in public places.  So, it could have been anyone at a Starbucks in Austin. I also Googled the IP and the only thing interesting I found was that the IP showed up on the public server log of theatrescene.net--some sort of live theater review site.  Odd since my wife is an actress and singer--probably just a coincidence.

Anyway, strange thing...

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: