Monday, December 04, 2006

ThePhlog for 12/3/6

Weeee... Audioblogger.com is no more so I went looking for another free service and found Gabcast.com. Click below to listen to my test episode of ThePhlog that I recorded last Sunday. http://www.gabcast.com/casts/5293/episodes/1165188365.mp3 Sadly, I had to manually paste this direct link to the mp3 file and there is no way (that I could find) to have Gabcast.com automatically post a direct link to the mp3--thus making it work inside of a podcast. So, sadly, until someone points me to a free post-audio-from-a-phone service, ThePhlog will no longer be updated. :( I'm hoping to pick up a Sidekick 3 one of these years which will allow me (hopefully) to upload videos directly from my phone that will be included in a podcast, but who knows? With all of the competing formats these days it's tough to say what will work and what won't. I'm still hoping that the format that the iPod and PSP plays--the mp4--will become the standard for video just like mp3s have become the standard for audio, but still there are apps that don't like mp4 files that don't have the ".avi" extension, which cracks me up since ".avi" could mean just about anything. Ah well, let's hope for a bright future for mobile blogging. :)

Orignal From: ThePhlog for 12/3/6

No comments: