Saturday, December 29, 2007


So, I'm installing Leopard on my PowerBook (Leopard is the new version of Mac's OSX operating system) and found further evidence of a theory of mine.



I was a PC person up until 2003 when I bought my first Mac. I loved it and am currently on my third Mac (only one of them died--the other I still use). However, before I was a Mac person I knew Windows machines pretty thoroughly and even built myself one. I've also done the equivalent of building at least one more (by upgrading other people's PCs). So, I could see the trend--and I saw the direction Windows was going in and decided 2003 was a good time to try out a Mac. I did and in the intervening years I've watched OSX become more and more Windows-like.



The longer it's up the slower it runs, the random conflicts with devices (most recently my brand new Netgear wifi router) and now installing Leopard I see that it takes three times as long to install OSX compared to Tiger (the previous version) which took just 30-40 minutes.



What's going on Steve? Each time your market share grows larger your product gets more and more like your competition. Seems like you're missing that whole "diversity" thing--and in a real bad way, too. If you're going to rip off you're opponent, rip off the good stuff, not the bad!
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From:

No comments: