Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Moron the US Economy--I mean--More On the US Economy

I was inspired to write this post by a combination of things. First, my post on that IMF guy saying another of our banks was going to withdraw itself from existence and then a reply to said post on Utterz by Maharet (listen to it here: http://www.utterz.com/u/utt/u-NTEyNTkzOA#utt-NTEyNTkzOA ).

As I responded to Maharet's post, I realized something about the complexities of what our country is facing. In fact, I recognized that there are NO complexities to these problems at all.

Sure, the news likes to talk about sub-prime mortgages and greedy lenders and people who can't pay their loans back and selling off bad loans as investments and blah, blah, blah, but I think it's much more simple than all of that.

I feel like the strongest, most stable systems are the most simple systems. Our system is not simple.

In a nutshell, though, the problems, themselves do seem very simple. Check it out:

Unending inflation (devaluing of the dollar) combined with unending outsourcing (devaluing of the American worker) equates to an empty country, economically speaking.

Unemployed workers with no money (or money worth very little) to buy with, leaves the United States completely wiped out as any kind of economic power.

It seems to me like that scenario does in our very way of life.

Not that I want this to happen--hell, I don't even want to be right on this. But to me, I feel like a few failed banks should not crush our economy like they seem to be threatening to. If our economy was strong, and hadn't given away most of its jobs and much of the value of it's currency, we'd have, you know, an actual foundation to stand on in case the scaffolding of banking falls on our heads. Since we don't have a solid foundation of value and labor in our country, when our banks fail, there's nothing else left.

PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG!!

I really want someone to tell me I'm wrong!!!

Just make sure to include clear explanations a child could understand. I went to film school. ^_^

Orignal From: Moron the US Economy--I mean--More On the US Economy

No comments: