Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ThePete's 12 Second Japanese Lesson #1

So, here's my attempt to make Japanese much more approachable than most people think it is! It's ThePete's 12 Second Japanese Lessons where you'll learn Japanese in tiny, bite sized chunks--like sushi! Only I'll make it easier since you won't need chopsticks. :P

I won't get too detailed in these--expect to learn basic, informal stuff only. I'll mention it if I'm going over stuff I know to be formal Japanese. Just please remember that I'll be going over informal Japanese unless otherwise noted.

In lesson #1, I cover the most important words to know if you're interacting with a Japanese person: "yes" and "no".


ThePete's 12 Second Japanese Lesson #1 on 12seconds.tv

Special thanks to Alex Brooke for teaching me a good chunk of what I know through his free podcast available at LearnJapanesePod.com (check out his music and other cool stuff at AlexBrooke.com!).

In case you're curious, I'm not terribly qualified to teach Japanese, but I consider myself at a tourist level. In other words, I know how to ask for directions. What I know I've taught myself by listening to Pimsleur's Japanese, Alex Brooke's podcast, the podcast at JapanesePod101.com, the book Japanese from Zero Volume 1, the computer program "Power Japanese" and, of course, watching hours and hours of Japanese films and anime.

If you know Japanese better than I and see me make a mistake, please speak up! I want to learn, too! ^_^

Orignal From: ThePete's 12 Second Japanese Lesson #1

No comments: