Thursday, October 30, 2008

INCREDIBLE HULK (2008)


Click to buy!
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Yes! It was a blast, actually.


Technically any good? Personally, I've never found the character of the Hulk to be terribly deep, so to me, Ang Lee's take on him was a waste of time (read my Pocket Review for Lee's Hulk). He's not some dark, brooding character, he's a guy doing his best to stay calm--ALL THE TIME. This movie is all about that struggle and I think it handles it very well, script and story-wise. Acting-wise it's very spot-on with Edward Norton's perfect performance as Bruce Banner being the highlight. It's also a comic-fan's dream as a LOT of references, which were missing from Ang Lee's movie, show up in this one. I'm very interested to see a sequel to this as they've started a few interesting balls rolling by creating characters we know from the comic. My one gripe was the simplistic way the script handles Tim Roth's character. I love him as an actor, but he was just too deep to play this one character. Everything else, as I said, is a blast.


How did it leave me feeling? Very entertained. Finally, someone gets the idea that big dumb action movies don't have to completely insult the audience (Michael Bay, I'm lookin' at you, buddy!). Also liked the zinger at the end (though I don't get why it shows up before the credits and not after).


Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like - obviously, not everyone likes big dumb actioners, but if you do, I would think this movie would be for you. Also, if you're a comic book purist (like me) this movie is for you since it got a lot right.

Orignal From: INCREDIBLE HULK (2008)

No comments: