Thursday, October 23, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)


Click to buy the 2 DVD set!
Positive Experience/Entertaining? You know, I really expected to not like this movie, but I did--aside from a few minor gripes, I enjoyed it much more than expected.


Technically any good? Shockingly, this movie is very much inline with the feel of the other three Indy movies. Aside from a few bad ideas in the first sequence between Indy and Cate Blanchett's character, the film feels very much like an Indiana Jones movie. The mistakes, are minor ones--like Lucas and his CG creatures (not as bad as it sounds), Blanchett's silly accent, and an odd message at the end of the movie that seems to suggest we should not want to seek knowledge. The acting was solid (for an Indy movie) and the script held up. Thankfully, I didn't want to gouge my eyes out every time Shia Le Beowulf was on screen.


How did it leave me feeling? Definitely pleased. Sure, I don't think this movie needs to have been made, but as far as sequels-we-never-wanted, this movie could have been MUCH worse. I just hope they leave Indy retired at this point. We don't need more Indy movies. Let's have a new franchise, what do you say, Lucas?


Final Rating? NFI - NetFlix It. Unless you're a huge collector of Indy-related items. In which case, click the poster image in this post and buy the 2-disk set--it comes with a free mini-crystal skull skullpture! Haha, skullpture. Get it?


Orignal From: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

No comments: