Monday, October 26, 2009

Best ever line I've heard in an actual dream I had: "Hey, the Pope needs chips!"

Dreamed it last night/this morning, actually. In the dream I was giving some good-natured ribbing to a high-paid actress for donating all of her money to the church, hence the playful reply about the Pope and snack food.

Other things I dreamed last night:

1) that I have no problem being nude around other people (not true)
2) that I live in a house literally inside a tree
3) that I worked as a stage hand for a theater group run by a nun (who didn't take kindly to the joke about the Pope needing chips, btw).
4) that I told my wife I'd talk with a priest about being born again if the priest agreed that both of us be nude in the meeting
5) that the priest agreed
6) that in the meeting the priest (who was nude but sat behind a desk the whole time) offered me eternal salvation and a "Ghost in the Shell" sticker in exchange for me accepting Jesus as my savior and me donating all of of my money to the church (he handed me the sticker and a tiny bag to put my cash in at the same time--not terribly subtle, but he did guess correctly how big a bag I'd need for all of my money).
6) Disgusted, I swore, tossed the bag and sticker (which I did want to keep) in his face and stormed out, leaving my wife in the priest's office (she was clothed).
7) Upon reaching my tree-home I realized that, since I was still nude, I had no place to carry my house keys, which meant I didn't have them, so I climbed in through the kitchen window, which was actually a knothole in the tree just big enough for me to get stuck in, which I did, just as my alarm went off.
8) There was also some other stuff about the fabric of space time being devoured by a strange, dark gray mist, but I don't remember much about that.

Suck on that Freud!

Today is already off to a really fun start :)

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: