Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Harry Reid does the almost unthinkable & pushes for the public option!!

source

This is actually a pleasant surprise for me, a person who doesn't think the profit motive should have a part in the health care "industry". That's just it--this should be about saving lives and improving human health, not making bank. Sure, doctors and other health care providers should get paid well, but letting people get rich off the sick? That just seems wrong.

When I heard there was going to be a bill that forces us to get private insurance like we're fricken cars I was upset--I don't want to support a system that thinks curing erectile disfunction is more important than curing cancer. Plus, I sold my car, in part, because I got tired of paying insurance on it. I can't sell my body--well not in THIS way...

So, assuming this public option ends up in the bill that Obama signs I'll be at least a little happy about it. Of course, I'll still have to pay for my own healthcare, unlike every other nation in the western world, but at least I'll be supporting a doctors who aren't going to push me to get an operation because it means they get more money. They also won't be prescribing me drugs because they get kickbacks big pharma.

Thank heaven for small favors, right?

Sheesh--sad when we're thankful for people not being shitty to us.

Posted via email from thepete's posterous

No comments: