Monday, October 26, 2009

So, after iTunes deleted 80% of my apps...

because it thought my iPhone had been synced to another computer and not ITSELF under a previous installation of OSX, I've now downloaded all of my old apps AGAIN and am currently waiting as iTunes transfers them BACK onto my iPhone.

What's really HIGHlarious is that some of the apps iTunes deleted it claimed they weren't authorized to be copied onto this computer FROM the iPhone--but when I "bought" them again (but wasn't charged THANKFULLY), of course, iTunes had no problem transfering them from the iTunes store to my computer.  WTF IS THAT?

Am I the only one who is mad as hell thinking about how all this song and dance is just because Apple is greedy, controlling and wants to force us to use their hardware the way they want and not the way we want?

I own my iPhone, thank you very much. I want a choice.  I want a way to be able to use it without having to hack my way in and without being assumed a criminal--as we all are.  After all, the iTunes app isn't JUST a way to all but force us to buy only through Apple's media store.

Think about the Kindle.  It's got the Kindle store, but guess what--any file that is compatible with it YOU can drag and drop YOURSELF on to the Kindle WITHOUT A "HELPER" APP!!  Can you BELIEVE IT?  AND THEN: you can drag and drop the books OFF of it the SAME WAY!!

 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! It's like AMAZON DOESN'T THINK WE'RE ALL CRIMINALS!!

 

Don't they understand that as customers, it's our job to jump through absurd hoops to get and use the product (even if we bought it ourself through another vendor)???  COME ON, AMAZON! GET WITH IT!  ANNOY THE CRAP OUT OF ME! WASTE MY TIME!

 

It's just not a corporate consumer experience without the inconvenience of being assumed a criminal!!

(Still waiting for iTunes... even after proofreading this post.)

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: