Friday, January 25, 2008

Pac Gentleman & ThePete's Part Time Passion


One of my passions, when I have time to embrace it, is custom toy design. I've been into toys since I was a little kid and still have quite a few as I approach middle-age. There's something about the innocence of toys that inspires my imagination to extreme levels.



Well, there's a growing movement of artists who work in the medium of toys. Companies like Kid Robot put out white vinyl toys that you buy and then paint yourself. I have done a few of these, but I'm just an amateur. The guy who did the piece above, who calls himself "Doktor A," is clearly a freakin' master.



You can learn more about that piece and see other work Doktor A has done here:



http://www.customtoylab.com/…it-polish/



I'll get around to posting some pictures of my own toy work soon. I just thought "Pac Gentleman" was something I *had* to share. :)
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: Pac Gentleman & ThePete's Part Time Passion

No comments: