Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Computers Have Gremlins


So, the XO's OS is buggy and doesn't handle memory well. I can't do things on this machine that I *could* do on my old 333 Mhz Windows 98 laptop. As in, write a novel-length file in a word processor while simultaneously being able to surf the web. The former has to let me save files the way I'm used to doing it (unlike Sugar OS' Write "activity") and the latter must let me keep bookmarks that I can easily access (unlike Sugar OS' browser which requires you find the instance in which you made the bookmarks in Journal).



So, I'm trying to get Ubuntu working from my SD card. Alas I'm having one problem after another after another--and the problems are catching. My MacBook crashed in the middle of unpacking a tarball of an Ubuntu image.



COMPUTER GODS: WHAT HAVE I DONE TO OFFEND YOU???
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: My Computers Have Gremlins

No comments: