Monday, January 14, 2008

Mom's Sunset


Today I had my semi-bi-weekly Skype video call with my mom and step-dad in Rock Hill, SC. Thanks to us living on opposite coasts, it's usually the only time we get to see each other. Today I was struck at just how special technology can make things. If seeing and talking with my east-coast-folks wasn't enough, Mom showed me her sunset.



I just think that's so damn cool--crappy artifacts and blotchy colors and all. ^_^



What was funny to me was that she told me she couldn't remember the last time she saw the sun set and that she had never seen it set through that window, so it was sort of like sharing something with her that I never expected to be able to share from such distance.



I don't know quite why it moves me so much, but it does. ^_^ It's nice to be moved, I think.
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: Mom's Sunset

No comments: