Monday, November 02, 2009

"Manhattan Story" Chap 2 of my #NaNoWriMo 2009 novel is up @ http://manhattanstory.tumblr.com! Anime, then sleep

"Manhattan Story" Chapter 2 by ThePete (words 1962-3707) #NaNoWriMo 2009

Download a 100KB (approx.) PDF to this chapter if you don’t want to read it here. This work is ©2009 thepete.com. NO reproduction is allowed without express written consent of ThePete.

It was strange being back in New York City.  I had been there enough times as a kid to form pretty solid memories.  However, during most of my teenage years I spent most of my time in the suburbs and then went off to school.  Being back nearly two decades later was troublesome.  I couldn’t reconcile the city I remembered with the one I lived in.

I’d often find myself sitting on a bench at a stop on the iLine, staring out through the clear Plexane walls that the iLine’s tube was made of. The sun would hit the curved surface and create a soft haze over everything below.  It was like looking down on heaven.

Read More

3707 words down, at least 46,293 to go!

Posted via web from thepete's posterous

No comments: