Sunday, October 01, 2006

iTunes 7.0.1 Fewer Bugs, Still Annoying

So, if you've recently updated iTunes to v7.0, you may have noticed it's a little buggy. I never upgrade immediately after Apple releases a new version of anything. Over the past 2 years their upgrades have gotten progressively buggier as time goes on. Whenever I see a new version, I wait until I see a new version of that new version. Thankfully, iTunes 7.0.1 has now been released which is said to have corrected many of the bugs in 7.0. The funny thing is that one of the most annoying things, to me, about previous version of iTunes is still included. This is the feature where if you don't listen to a podcast in iTunes after a while, it stops updating it until you tell it to start updating it again. The only indication that it has stopped is a little exclamation mark next to the podcast title. You click it and it says something like "You haven't listened to this podcast in a while, would you like iTunes to resume updating it?" Stupid iTunes can't tell that I listen to almost all of my podcasts every day--ON MY iPOD! So, rather than having it keep track of what I dump onto my iPod (Big iBrother, much?) I'd rather there just be a way to SHUT THIS STUPID FEATURE OFF!! Seriously, this is one of the things I hate about Macs and computers in general--they're beginning to think too much. Stop anticipating what I want and if you absolutely MUST anticipate at least give me the option to STOP YOU PERMANENTLY. I haven't ever and will never need iTunes to stop updating ANY of my podcasts. If I need it to stop updating, I will simply delete the podcast from iTunes.

Orignal From: iTunes 7.0.1 Fewer Bugs, Still Annoying

No comments: