Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Plane or Helicopter Crashes in NYC and No One's Sure What's What

So, I'm sitting in my cube a couple hours ago and a co-worker mentions that this plane crashed into a building in NYC. Naturally I starting hitting the news sites and at lunch time I head to the nearest Internet cafe to see what I can learn. I hit Google Maps and to me it looks like a plane almost couldn't have crashed into the building, so a helicopter is the more likely culprit. See, based on Google's satellite pics of the building I could see that there were a couple other tall buildings in the area making an accidental hit VERY accidental--IF it was a plane. Odds are right now that it was a helicopter, though I don't understand why it's so hard to get someone to look at the wreckage and to make a conclusion based on that. I mean, the difference between plane debris and helicopter debris should be pretty obvious, I would think, what with a giant rotor or turbine engines. Yet, no online news source is saying definitely what's what. They can't even stream live video for free. I can get clips from CNN.com and MSNBC.com, but that's it. Isn't choice great? Pay or get crappy coverage. WEEEEE! The whole thing kind of reminds me of [http://thepete.com/plane-almost-crashes-in-front-of-me/|this post] from almost precisely a year ago.

Orignal From: A Plane or Helicopter Crashes in NYC and No One's Sure What's What

No comments: