Tuesday, October 10, 2006

TheBoards at ThePete.Com

Hey, everyone! In a discussing mood? Well, I've decided to give the old online forum/message board a try again. This time 'round I've implemented a WordPress plugin that allows a very simple forum to be run through my WordPress install (WordPress is my blogging tool). It doesn't require a separate login, but does NOT have a lot of bells and whistles. For now it doesn't let you have avatars, though I may be able to tweak the plugin so it'll allow for them, and thanks to this simplicity will be easy for me to moderate. For now TheBoards have just one forum because I'm trying to suss out all of the bugs in this thing. So, give it a try at the link below and see if you can break it. Right now, I'm aware of only one bug and that's the "Profile" bug. When you look at a post, under the poster's screen name you can see the word "Profile" and it's linked. The thing is, the link doesn't work. I've contacted the creator of the plugin about this but haven't heard back about a fix just yet. If you can find any other bugs, please post in the forum. Also, if you have any ideas for other forums for here at ThePete.Com, please let me know. Oh, and feel free to invite your friends to try TheBoards out, too. Just send them to: http://thepete.com/theboards HOWEVER: TheBoards are not for peeing in. I reserve the right of webmastery that says that anything that I don't like going on I get to delete. Any user that practice any amount of prickery or douche-baggery will risk being banned, so remember the Golden Rule. Don't do unto others what you would not have them do unto you. OK, enough babbling. Give TheBoards a whirl! http://thepete.com/theboards

Orignal From: TheBoards at ThePete.Com

No comments: