Monday, April 02, 2007

Carvel Ice Cream Commercials from the Olden Days

So, I was talking to TheWife just now and she was on her cell driving past a Carvel Ice Cream--my favorite ice cream cake source from childhood. We talked briefly about the commercials and I was trying to describe to her how bad the old ads were. She suggested I try to look them up on YouTube, so I did and found a couple that I remember from the dark ages. First there's an example of the inappropriate voice over guy. It happens to be the head guy at Carvel at the time, so I can understand why he did it, but grandpa's voice never inspired me to buy things (then again, it might have inspired me to ask my mom to buy me things). Next we have a great example of how bizarro ads used to be. I miss those days, to be honest. Now our commercials are just lame and uninteresting, trying to sell us stuff because said stuff is "cool" and not just a good product. These ads express the quality of the cakes. Check 'em out:


Orignal From: Carvel Ice Cream Commercials from the Olden Days

No comments: