Monday, April 23, 2007

HOT FUZZ (2007)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? DEFINITELY. Remember Shaun of the Dead? Yeah, it's by those guys and it's just as funny, if not more so.
Technically any good? Well, it's hard to not compare this to Shaun, so I'll just give in for a moment and say that while I laughed more at this film, I think Shaun was a more real film, that I could almost take seriously. That said, I felt very little for the characters in Hot Fuzz, however, I laughed my ass off. The jokes worked incredibly well and were woven solidly into a plot that made sense, but only if you're familiar with absurdist-style storytelling. It comes off as just silly if you're like most American film-goers, but again, you'll laugh your ass off. Acting-wise, everyone was brilliant for what was asked of them. And what a CAST! Dude, Beloq, the bad guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark, played the priest, Edward Woodward (The Equalizer!!) played the town Big Brother, Timothy Dalton (James Bond!!) was the slimy supermarket owner, and, well, I could go on. Getting to see these great actors ham it up! is worth the cost of the ticket, alone. The music was great, too.
How did it leave me feeling? Immensely entertained. There were about two things (maybe three) I'd have done differently (I hope to explain those things in a spoilerific post at a later date). Seriously, if you're over 16, this movie will have you on the floor laughing your ass off.
Final Rating? GSN - GO SEE NOW!!! Seriously.

Orignal From: HOT FUZZ (2007)

No comments: