Sunday, April 01, 2007

Faint Cold, Real Tired, Thanks Las Vegas!

Well, as you may have read in the caption of day 91 of Project 365, I managed to wear myself down enough on crap food and possibly too much fatigue that I feel lousy right now. Damn--and I had so much hope for today. I ended up splitting the day between sleeping on the couch and (before I started feeling really lousy) uploading the pics from our whirlwind 41-hour trip from LA to Las Vegas and back to LA by car. A trip I hope NEVER to take again. We definitely had a good time (hey, our old pal Alejandro was getting married!) but I really feel like I'm paying for it now. The sad thing is that I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, hire hookers, party, gamble, etc. All I did was consume junk food (this disgusting strawberry slushy, pancakes, a bottle of Coke and Jack in the Box) and get a lousy night's sleep Friday night (due to our hotel room being feet from strip clubs with LOUD music playing 24 hours a day). We also went to Paris, New York-New York, MGM Grand, the Star Trek Experience and had a great time just wandering around people-watching (it's a writer/actor thing). If you'd like, you can check out the pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157600041365572/ Here's a taste to get you started:
Me and the Faux-Eiffel
In the above picture you can see the strawberry slush that was no doubt jammed with refined sugar--a substance I very rarely consume and therefore have hardly any tolerance for. I think I'll have to start eating a bit more of it just to inoculate myself. I also shot a huge stack of vids, but they'll have to wait until next weekend. I don't feel very good sitting upright at present. :(

Orignal From: Faint Cold, Real Tired, Thanks Las Vegas!

No comments: