Friday, February 15, 2008

Bush Bad-Mouths Congress, Oblivious to Effect


OK, I'm getting REALLY tired of Bush's rhetoric on this whole "War on Terror" thing. The above screencap was grabbed from a MyWay.com article this morning (read it here: http://apnews.myway.com/…QLEO0.html ) and it shows off how terrible a leader Bush is. He just doesn't get it.



So, he says to the world that because Congress won't renew some sort of legislation: "our country is more in danger of an attack."



So, he's saying that Congress is hurting America. He has NO clue how this makes the United States look to the world and he has no idea how it makes him look to us.



1) If I'm living in another country and see the guy in the White House say that he has enemies in his own government, I start to think that the US Government is unstable--about to fall apart.



2) If I'm an American citizen and see the guy in the White House say that the folks in the House and the Senate are hurting America, I see him as being divisive. Remember, back in 2000 how he ran on a platform of being a uniter? Yeah, me too.



"Waaaa! You're not giving me what I want!!! I don't respect you enough to trust you know what you're doing so I'm going to monger some fear and call you names and stuff!"



So, really, it's *Bush* who is harming America and has been since he took office. Before 911, they were already calling him a lame duck. That was *before* 911! When our spy plane got into a mid-air collision and landed in China, he was rattling his saber something fierce. I remember scratching my head thinking "does he *want* to enflame tensions on the world stage?"



I think Bush is actually Loki, the Norse god of mischief and chaos. He lives off of conflict and strife. Peace and quiet are not his ways and if you look at the Bush "Presidency" you'll see that nearly everything Bush has done has served to encourage fear of *something*.



I don't know if he is aware of being Loki or not. All I know for sure is the effect he's having on me. What's that effect? Severe disillusionment with our leaders and adult humans in general.



As a kid in ROTC (nearly 2 decades ago, now) I was raised with clear concepts of right and wrong only to be thrust into a world where such concepts are not clear at all. And I'm not talking about the greater world--I'm talking about the US of A. We live in a country where our leaders debate the meaning of "is" and "torture." We live in a country that invades other countries because we don't like them. We live in a country that claims to be a generally Christian nation yet we largely ignore the poor and the weak.



I'm an Atheist, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jesus say something about caring for the poor? What about loving your enemies?



So, go ahead and keep bitching about Congress, Bush. It just makes people like me (and people not like me) hate and mistrust government all the more.



Don't trust that they're doing what they think is right--keep fighting them publicly because they're not giving you what you think is right--the ability to better spy on your own people.



Man, I gotta get a job so I can save up enough money to leave this country.
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: Bush Bad-Mouths Congress, Oblivious to Effect

No comments: