Monday, February 25, 2008

Time-Warner Cable Hi-Jacking My Internet


So, one of the cool geeky things about using Firefox as a browser (as a scifi fan) is that if you want to get to the official website of Doctor Who, you just type in "dr" into the URL field and hit return. Doing that usually sends me right to http://bbc.co.uk/doctorwho



Well, tonight I tried it because I wanted to find out if they had announced the air dates in the UK for the new series of the show only to discover that Road Runner Internet (the official name for Time-Warner Cable) had cut me off at the pass and shoved a bunch of ads in my face instead of giving me what I wanted. See the above screencap to see what I saw.



So, we pay for cable TV and get programming with commercials. We pay for cable broadband and we get Internet... with commercials.



Does anyone else think this might be getting a little out of hand?
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz Replies.


Orignal From: Time-Warner Cable Hi-Jacking My Internet

No comments: