Tuesday, December 09, 2008

HELLBOY 2 (2008)


Buy the 3-disc DVD set!
Positive Experience/Entertaining? It was definitely fun, but the bar was set just a bit too high with the first Hellboy movie, sadly, so I found this one to be disappointing.


Technically any good? FX and designs were AMAZING. Visually, this film was STUNNING. Unfortunately, the visuals and FX are the only reasons to see the film beyond some solid acting by the leads. Sadly, the script is cliche, contrived and annoying. There were just too many "that was supposed to be funny?" moments in it. The first Hellboy seemed confident in itself as being a good movie, where this one felt like it was trying hard to prove itself. I should also point out that Selma Blair always falls a little flat for me, but I feel like she just needs a good shove and she'll be amazing.


How did it leave me feeling? Vaguely entertained, but disappointed. It's always hard to follow up a good movie with an as-good sequel, but I felt like this script fell into some obvious traps and came off much more cliched than it should have.


Final Rating? NFI - NetFlix It. Don't spend any money on this one unless it's your monthly Netflix subscription. :) Though, if you disagree and plan on buying the DVD, please buy Hellboy 2 from my Amazon store so I can get a cut. Thanks! ^_^

Orignal From: HELLBOY 2 (2008)

No comments: