Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA (1961)


Buy it!

Watch it now!
Watch it free at Archive.org
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Well, as a fan of cheesy movies, it was juuust barely a positive experience. Entertaining might be overstating it, however. More, amusing (at times).


Technically any good? Well, it was directed by Roger Corman, so that's debatable. However, the movie did hint at the comic talents we'd see on display in Little Shop of Horrors, which was nice. The script is campy and silly and there's not much else to say about the movie. The acting is hit and miss, though it doesn't matter since this is one of Corman's more campy creations.


How did it leave me feeling? I guess it left me feeling satisfied that I'd accidentally stumbled across a Corman film I'd never seen or heard anything about. It was pretty crappy over all and would only recommend it to Corman Completists and since I'm not one, myself, I can't really recommend it--even to the MST fans in the audience.


Final Rating? DNS - Do Not See. This film will never (rightfully) see the moniker of "classic" Corman. It's mildly amusing and that's about it. I'd love to see it remade though--the premise of a guy getting rich off of a monster hoax that turns out to not be a hoax during the Cuban revolution is actually kind of interesting to me.

Orignal From: CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA (1961)

No comments: