Monday, January 12, 2009

SESSION 9 (2001)


Buy this now from Amazon
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely--this movie does a great job with atmosphere and mood. If creepy is what you're after, this is it.


Technically any good? I think this film is technically very good. That is to say, the cinematography, acting, editing, pacing are all spot-on. Sadly, I felt the script was lacking. While the general throughline made basic sense, the finer details were messy and disconnected. The location was amazing, the acting pretty solid and the characters were very well, drawn. But the story just doesn't hold up.


How did it leave me feeling? Like I said, it was definitely entertaining. I just wish the script was tighter and made more literal sense. Not that everything had to be explained--I like a movie that leaves some mystery--but this was less mysterious and more lacking.


Final Rating? NFI - NetFlix It - if you're a connoisseur of creepy or like dark, brooding, atmospheric films, don't miss it. I'd love to see this premise remade with a better script, or at the very least, I'd love to see the filmmakers' next movie(s). These guys have immense talent.

Orignal From: SESSION 9 (2001)

No comments: