Monday, January 26, 2009

LIMEY (1999)


Buy it!

Watch it now!
Positive Experience/Entertaining? Terence Stamp is always fun to watch, even when I don't like his choices, so, yeah, in a sense this movie was entertaining, though the whole thing falls a pretty flat.


Technically any good? The premise is simple enough, but the director manages to play around a bit too much with structure to the point where it's downright distracting as hell. I found the script to be a bit wandering and virtually none of the characters to be likable or even resonant. I also felt that Stamp's performance felt forced. I guess you could say I just didn't care for this movie (DO YA THINK?). I suppose on a strictly technical level it holds together, but when an audience member doesn't give a crap about the characters or the story, there must be something wrong with it on a technical level.


How did it leave me feeling? A big fat "meh." I'd like to see this film remade as a gritty, noir thriller without the structural weirdness and with a more intricate mystery to solve. The Limey unfolds like the most boring origami ever.


Final Rating? DNS - Do Not See unless you're just a huge fan of Stamp or Soderbergh. I thought I was both, but I'm starting to wonder about Soderbergh. Again, this movie was a big fat "meh" for me.

Orignal From: LIMEY (1999)

No comments: