Friday, January 30, 2009

toys.thepete.com: Charlie Mad

[flickr album=72157608716855297 num=20 size=Large]


Charlie Mad started out life as a blank Mini Munny from Kid Robot. I bought him, opened the box and found some horrible person had already done the same thing, only they'd managed to break his arm off before putting him back in the box.

Lame!

However, rather than taking him back to the store, I thought I'd use it as a design element. I was thinking about doing a piece about anger, so I decided he'd had his arm lopped off by someone. The bat was taken up as a revenge tool and I'm not sure where I got the black frame for his face--it started in my head as built-in running lines. I added the wonky shirt stripe for irony.

Sorry I don't have any progress shots. For some reason I didn't take any. I just sort of blew through this one almost in one sitting. Go figure.

Check out the Flickrset here: http://flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157608716855297/

Orignal From: toys.thepete.com: Charlie Mad

No comments: