Thursday, July 19, 2007

BARBARA BOXER SPYWARE FIGHTER AND POWER WASTER

Tonight, as I sat down at my favorite table at my favorite Internet cafe in Los Angeles, I opened my email to discover an empassioned email from Barbara Boxer telling me about the dangers of spyware!

Naturally, I decided that I needed to send her a reply:
I used to have concerns about spyware. But then I bought a Mac.

Now I can concentrate on more important things, like why Bush and Cheney haven't been impeached, yet.

How can you ask us to be concerned with the, frankly, petty crime of spyware dissemination when the man in the White House has committed so many blatant crimes that I'm losing track.

I heard about your recent public statements regarding impeachment being put back on the table. Keep going with that or lose people like me to the all too tempting lure of apathy. Ex-CIA agent Valerie Plame tried to sue Dick Cheney for risking her life. The case was thrown out. To me, this served as another example of how much more powerless each American citizen has become.

I voted for you and a handful of other politicians but you all seem incapable of simply following the law. What incentive do I have to care about the system when you people don't follow your own rules? I'm not some whack-job in a log cabin in the woods. I'm a college educated, generally liberal-minded, city-dweller who believes in the principles America was supposed to have been founded on. I've emailed you a few times before because I feel it is my duty as an American citizen to communicate with my leaders when I have concerns.

Now, if you could just do your duty as an American Senator by getting the troops home and impeaching this administration, my faith in the system might be restored.

If these things don't happen, the next people to live in the White House will have no reason to obey the law. You know what? With that example, the people of the United States will begin to do as their leaders do.

What are you afraid of? Losing your job? Which is more important? Your country or your job?

Let's fight spyware. My tax dollars at work.

-Pete Nicholls

WARNING THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH COMMENTARY THAT WILL (HOPEFULLY) CAUSE YOU TO TAKE AGGRESSIVE ACTION AGAINST THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION.


I do NOT live in a log-cabin in the woods.

Seriously.

I live in a one-bedroom apartment in Los Angeles.

I SWEAR.


Orignal From: BARBARA BOXER SPYWARE FIGHTER AND POWER WASTER

No comments: