Friday, July 06, 2007

GADGET BLOGGER'S iPHONE DIES AFTER FOUR DAYS

:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Holee crapolee--I've heard of some bad Apple products (I used to own one), but this is kinda crazy. Gadget blogger, [http://joeygadget.com/|Joe Hutsko], has written [http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19614050/|an article] for MSNBC.com that chronicles his adventures with his iPhone once it died on him just <em>four days after buying it</em>. Here's a cutting:<blockquote><i>At first I thought it was just a hiccup when the iPhone was working fine one minute, then wouldn't turn on the next. I tried the prescribed reset (hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time for several seconds until the device restarts) with no luck. Black screen, period. But when I plugged it in the Apple logo appeared as if restarting. Then it vanished, the screen went black again, and a few seconds later the logo reappeared, as if restarting. Again. Then again. And again. Trouble in paradise. <p> On a whim I held the buttons for a reset again but this time kept holding, until eventually a br!
ight yellow triangle appeared, instructing me to Connect the iPhone to iTunes. This forced "restore mode" allowed the otherwise endless-looped iPhone to appear in iTunes, which prompted me to restore the phone. Since iTunes backs up the phone's data after every sync I said sure, gladly, please do. </p><p> The restore process began â€" but then the loopy restarts started again. And again, ad nauseam. At that point I felt a little nauseous, too â€" four days and the iPhone I spent eight hours in line to buy was a goner.</p></i></blockquote>
Don't worry, a single trip to the Apple store and Joe was given a new phone. Luckily, they still had stock. Still, pretty depressing that a $600 phone can die within days of purchase. I know that no device is perfect (BELIEVE ME, I KNOW) but perhaps they could charge a little less for these things. I mean, we know the damn thing doesn't cost Apple that much to [http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/iphone-only-costs-250-to-make-rest-of-price-is-fanboy-tax-229664.php|make]. .


<br /><hr /> Orignal From: <a href="http://thepete.com/gadget-bloggers-iphone-dies-after-four-days/" target=_blank>GADGET BLOGGER'S iPHONE DIES AFTER FOUR DAYS</a><br />

No comments: