Monday, July 02, 2007

SiCKO (2007)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Wow--definitely positive in that it taught me a few things I hadn't known before, but depressing otherwise. How can a movie like this not be depressing?
Technically any good? While the film does employ typical Michael-Moore-style tactics (using slight-of-hand editing and delivering only content that meets your agenda) the facts that the film presents are pretty unassailable. This film is taking some criticism for "not presenting both sides" of the health care debate, but I have to ask: "What's the other side of people deserving quality health care?" So, while it's not perfect (as with all other Michael Moore films) it still presents some important, thought-provoking content (as with all other Michael Moore films). I could have done without Moore's patronizing voice-over. How about dropping the holier-than-thou act, Mike?
How did it leave me feeling? Depressed and honestly interested in leaving the country in search of better (read: FREE) health care. I seriously don't see the argument for keeping health care costing us. Other countries can do it, why can't we? I thought America was the best country in the world. Not when it comes to health care, that's for sure.
Final Rating? GSN - Go See Now - This is an important movie and I think everyone should see it. I don't think anyone can say that the people in the movie should go without free health care--especially the 911 workers.

Orignal From: SiCKO (2007)

No comments: