Monday, September 03, 2007

More ThePete Lego!

Here is my original ThePete Lego that I made at least a year ago:

ThePete Lego

Recently, my buddy Tim, over at TimToon.com, did a Lego version of himself (here: http://urltea.com/1dv4 ) and so I decided to go back and do a new version of myself called ThePete Lego Mark II:

ThePete Lego v1 mark II

Note the differences--I no longer wear a trench coat, but do wear a black button-down shirt often. I still blog a lot, so the LJ logo seemed appropriate. I also discovered my love for the color combo of black and red, I'm a blond now--though I've always been into electronic gadgets. The catch here is that I don't own a PDA. I do own just about every other kind of gadget imaginable, but the PDA was the only one available to choose from.

However, after creating this new Lego-Me, I discovered that there were three new "Mizers" that ReasonablyClever.Com webmaster Christopher Doyle created--a new and improved Mini-Mizer, a Buy-Me-Mizer and the Block Head. So, let's get started.

ThePete Lego v2:

ThePete Lego v2

Notice that I'm sticking with the red and black color scheme. I opted out of the logo and went with the URL for my website. Note the red coffee cup also sporting the URL to my site. I'm a much bigger coffee drinker now than I was when I created that first Lego me. Also note the red shoes that mirror my red Converse Chuck Taylors I often wear.

ThePete Block Head:

ThePete Lego Head

This is the most realistic head for me out of all the Lego heads I've designed--it's the closest I could come to a buzz-cut hair style and it's got my non-blond beard.

ThePete Lego v3:

ThePete Lego v3

This was done with Christopher Doyle's Buy-Me-Mizer--meaning whatever you design with this Mizer, you can buy in real Lego. Pretty sweet, huh? Unfortunately, I couldn't find quite the parts to really capture who I am in real life, so I did not place my order. Still it's a reasonable facsimile. However, I don't own a spear. I should have gone with the samurai sword.

So, there you have it! Check out Christopher Doyle's site at ReasonablyClever.com or go straight to his Mizer menu here: http://www.reasonablyclever.com/mizers.html

That reminds me, I need to get back to playing with 1) real Lego and 2) my Lego Digital Designer. I miss Lego so much... I used to do a Daily Lego. Maybe I'll bring it back next year.

Orignal From: More ThePete Lego!

No comments: