Monday, September 24, 2007

WIXI.COM FOR SHARING VIDS, BUT WHO IS FREDERIC?

So, I noticed that I was getting a hit or two from a website called LastPodcast.Net and decided to have a look around. One of the posts there was on Wixi.com which sounds like Anywhere.FM only with videos. So, you can upload your TV shows and movies and then have access to them from anywhere with a web browser--pretty cool. The point the post at LPC.N was making however was how illegal it was to make these videos shareable. This is a good point--what's the point of buying a DVD or even Netflixing one if you can just watch it on your friend's blog? Or your own?

However, after signing up with them, I have another concern and that's security. As I finished the sign-up-process, I was told I'd get an email soon regarding my account. Assuming that the wait would be minutes, I clicked on the "LOG IN" link so I could quickly type in my username and password only to find myself logged into an account already--not mine--some dude called "Frederic." Check out the screencap:
Wixi.com Who is Frederic?


Hm.... not really sure I want to be responsible for the contents of an account that can be accidentally accessed by some random stranger who just signed up, thanks. I didn't mess with Frederic's account because, frankly, I wouldn't want anyone messing with mine. But still, seeing that username of his in the corner says I was definitely logged in as him, and not that he had shared the contents of and access to his account.

Sad, because I was really looking for an only server I could dump all of my mp4s onto in order to have access to them anywhere I have a flash-capable browser (like Anywhere.FM).

Orignal From: WIXI.COM FOR SHARING VIDS, BUT WHO IS FREDERIC?

No comments: