Sunday, February 15, 2009

How Keyword Targeted Ads Are Far From Perfect (Why does Facebook think I'm Christian?!?!)



I am such a vocal Atheist, I am baffled as to how Facebook thought I'd

be interested in a band called "Lamb of God." This isn't the only

Christian ad I've seen on Facebook.com, either. I suppose this kind

of ad is better than ads for body hair removal or ads asking

me to be thankful for George W. Bush
.



Still, this whole keyword-targeting thing needs an overhaul. Like

when I blog about how Republicans are lame, I get Google Ads for Republican

dating services
. Then there was that one time where I

got two Google Ads that conflicted with each other on a topic that I

never even wrote about to begin with
!



No wonder there's no real money in Internet advertising--it doesn't work for crap.



Orignal From: How Keyword Targeted Ads Are Far From Perfect (Why does Facebook think I'm Christian?!?!)

No comments: