Sunday, February 08, 2009

toys.thepete.com: Rainbow Peace Fighter



I did the Rainbow Peace Fighter back in late-ish 2007, not long after visiting the Palm Springs Air Museum. When ever I come face to face with my old passion of military flight (I got as far as my pilot physical) it is immediately attacked by my current anti-war sentiments--it's a hard dichotomy to reconcile. However, trust art to find a way! Enter the Rainbow Peace Fighter!



The Rainbow Peace Fighter started out life as an F-16 balsa-wood-based puzzle from Puzzeled.com--of course, I bought it at the Palm Springs Air Museum. I'm sure you can find one of these elsewhere. The instructions are wonderfully vague. Each part is numbered on the instructions and you put the pieces together in order--sounds easy? Not quite. It ended up being a lot of fun, though.



In the end (sort of), I'm happy with the color scheme, but the wood absorbed a lot of the Sharpie ink, so after these pics were taken, I ended up spraying her down with several primer coats and started over. Right now she's fully redone, but still packed away from the move to NYC. I'll take pictures of her soon and post 'em.



Check out the rest of the whole set here: flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157601489194858/



Orignal From: toys.thepete.com: Rainbow Peace Fighter

No comments: