Sunday, February 01, 2009

Toy2R Includes ThePete as One of 66 Contributing Artists from Around the World!



Ah, this is kinda sweet :) I was included as one of the 66 contributing toy artists for Toy2R's custom, 36" Qee Bear that they put together during the 2008 Hong Kong Award for Industries ceremony. According to a recent post on the US Toy2R blog, Qee4All.com, they were named the Grand Winner in the category of Innovation and Creativity.

That sounds awesome, doesn't it? Well for them it does--but I got to be included in the fun, too. Back in December I was approached by Toy2R for future collaboration on a toy design or two. In the meantime I was asked to provide a sticker design to be included in the 36" Qee Bear project put together at the HKAI awards ceremony. Now, I looked at the pictures of the finished Qee Bear (here and here) but couldn't spot my logo. But hey, I am psyched and honored just to included at all.

I design custom toys because it's a blast to do. The fact that someone who makes toys for a living thinks my stuff is good is like a whole separate cake I get to eat (not just the icing on the cake).

So, thanks Toy2R!! You guys rock!

Orignal From: Toy2R Includes ThePete as One of 66 Contributing Artists from Around the World!

No comments: