Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CHILDREN OF MEN (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. While I found plenty to not like about the film, I found a lot to like, too.
Technically any good? Unfortunately, the script is littered with cliches--the crass old hippie "Ben Kenobi" type, the old flame dragging the lead into a dangerous situation and the "magic of children" are just a few examples of the tritenesses in this movie. It's unfortunate, because the bleak, but disturbingly realistic future the film creates is all too believable. It's more believable than any other future I've seen dreamed up before.
How did it leave me feeling? Entertained, but a little disappointed. However, you shouldn't let my opinion dissuade you from seeing this movie. I think it's generally a crowd pleaser in a sense that people less anal than me will enjoy it just fine. So, check it out and make up your own mind.
Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like - it shows us a very depressing future--one that many of us believe is around the corner. Just as the film predicts.

Orignal From: CHILDREN OF MEN (2006)

No comments: